Open AllClose All
- What special features does LQATS have over the competition?
1. Affordability: we offer a unique pricing model that allows procurement of LQATS ,or
any of our systems, at a minimal customer price.
2. Global view of real-time quality performance at company production sites.
3. No seat licensing requirements.
4. No limit to the number of production sites that may use the system.
5.Managed by the customer.
6. Supports hosted and non-hosted environments
7. Imports data from external database systems
8. Built on non-proprietary technologies
9. Fully Supported through a yearly maintenance contract (non-hosted), or free support
if hosted by Lyons Information Systems, Inc.
10. Software escrow available
- How are users differentiated to limit their functionality and access to information?
With a roles-based security and permissions system, each
user is mapped to a role based upon the types of tasks that
the user will perform inside of the system. These may be
changed at any time. Once the roles are established for users
i.e., staff, suppliers, inter-company sites, etc., then each
user is assigned to an individual role. A user may only be
assigned to one role. Each role defines a user’s access
to reports, menu items, types of quality functions that may
be performed, etc.
- With many users located worldwide and all requesting information,
do wait times to view reports, for example, become excessive
and cause timeouts and dropped database connections?
Lyons Information Systems, Inc.® has created a proprietary
process to hasten the return of data in reports and queries.
The process eliminates session timeouts while awaiting a
report or query. The process becomes even more valuable as
the amount of data grows large and the numbers of users increases.
multiple acceptable quality levels (AQL) provided?
Yes. An unlimited number of AQL values may be used in the
quality audit process. In addition, new AQL values may be
mapped to user-defined sample size tables to automatically
determine pass/fail limits for an audited product.
- Do our suppliers have access to their own quality data?
Yes. Each supplier who is allowed access to LQATS will see
only information that they have entered or changed. Specific
supplier reports may be designed for suppliers to use, or
they may use any other common system reports depending upon
how a system administrator has configured their permissions.
Still, only information specific to the supplier may be viewed
by the supplier. In addition, suppliers may download specific
files, i.e., product specs, previously assigned by an authorized
user or system administrator. Customers may wish to insure
that a supplier has the latest version of a particular specification
document, or may wish to communicate any other type of file
document with the supplier.
- Can we see our product spec documents within the system?
Yes. When a supplier or any other defined user logs into
LQATS, documents that have been flagged to be available to
the user will be shown on the opening form. Users may view
and download the document(s) to their local workstation.
As users download files, a log is updated within LQATS that
may be displayed to appropriate system users. For auditors,
a product specification document may be shown during the
audit process. Measurement and tolerance metrics are recorded
in LQATS and compliance is automatically determined. A failed
audit may auto-generate an email to one or more individuals,
and is recorded in a disposition log of failed audits.